The answer to that question is yes and to help you out there are certain vitamins, herbs, supplements, and minerals that can tip the scales in your favor of having a boy or girl They can be found naturally in food or by taking supplements. One thing to remember is that you need to make sure that you do not have an overabundance of any vitamins, herbs, supplements, and minerals because they could tip the scales in the opposite direction. What this means is if you have the right amount of a certain vitamin, herb, supplement, or mineral to help increase your chances of having a boy you could accidentally tip the scale in favor of having a girl instead if you get too much or too little of this vitamin, herb, supplement, or mineral. When you make your decision of having a boy or having a girl you should keep a chart or notebook of the vitamins, herbs, supplements, and minerals that favor whichever gender you chose and how much you can have. You should also write down how much of these you have taken in that day. Going a little under or a little over will not affect which gender you have chosen to have. There are also two other things that you need to do in order to give you a “yes” answer to the question, “can you choose to have a boy or girl?” These two things are making sure you are having sexual intercourse at the right time and using the right positions. Download the PDF Guide
Vitamins, herbs, supplements, and minerals that can help you conceive a boy
- Anthocyanins—this is a compound found in foods such as berries, purple eggplant, red cabbage, and grapes that acts like antioxidants. It will help make your vaginal environment healthier which is more likely to support the traveling of the Y chromosome boy sperm toward your ovaries. The best ways to consume these foods are mixed with other vegetables, in their raw form, or in salads.
- Ellagic acid—this is found in blue and purple berries, pomegranates, and strawberries. This is an acid that will actually increase your chances of conceiving a baby boy. It will also help make your vaginal environment more alkaline, which is the type of environment the Y chromosome boy sperm needs to survive. Eat these foods as often as you possibly can if you want to make sure that you will conceive a boy.
- Caulix sargentodoxae—this is an herb that is renowned in Asian countries for preparing your body for pregnancy by cleansing your reproductive tract. The herb works by ensuring a better circulation of your blood and delivery of nutrients to your reproductive organs. This results in helping to make your vaginal environment prepared for fertilization. It will also help to increase your chance for the Y chromosome boy sperm to survive inside your vagina until it can fertilize the egg. You also need to make sure that your reproductive organs receive enough oxygen and nutrients.
- Guaifenesin—this supplement will work to restore the normal chemical environment inside your body, making it more likely for you to get pregnant. This supplement works on your cervical mucus by changing its consistency. It will make it thinner and more slippery so the Y chromosome boy sperm has an easier way to travel towards the fallopian tube where the egg is waiting to be fertilized.
- Folic acid—this is a mineral that will help a woman have a healthy baby. When you add folic acid to your diet naturally from foods or by taking a supplement it helps to prepare your reproductive tract for fertilization along with the development of a fertilized egg. You can get folic acid from nuts, poultry, dairy products, seafood, and eggs. You can also get it from juices made from fresh fruits.
- Arginine supplements—in addition to taking supplements this is also a natural amino acid that is found nuts, almonds, seeds, and pecans. Including foods with this amino-acids in your daily diet or taking a supplement every day will help get your body ready to conceive a little boy while decreasing your chances of having a girl.
Vitamins, herbs, supplements, and minerals that can help you conceive a girl
- Vitamin D—although this vitamin is not linked directly with conceiving a baby girl it does affect the fertilization process. The calcium you get from vitamin D, whether it is from foods that are loaded with vitamin D or by taking supplements, will help with you in conceiving a baby girl. Along with magnesium, calcium is one of the minerals that are very important in conceiving a girl.
- Calcium—this is one of the most important mineral that your body needs to help your X chromosome girl sperm to fertilize the egg. You can take a calcium supplement every day or you can include it in your diet from drinking milk and eating foods rich in calcium such as yogurt, cheese, etc.
- Dong Quai—this is a traditional Chinese herb that is a great tonic for women in restoring the balance of your hormones and the natural functioning of your reproductive tract. This herb will increase the blood flow to your uterus and sexual organs. It will help you conceive a baby girl by providing acids that affect your vaginal pH level so that it favors the survival of the X chromosome girl sperm and will also influence the levels of estrogen. It is good for both you sand your partner to take this supplement on a daily basis.
- Dietary supplements—you want to take supplements that deliver a large amount of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C as these three can help make changes in the composition and consistency of the mucus that is found in your vagina. These changes will enhance the life span of the X chromosome girl sperm and harder for the Y chromosome boy sperm to survive. You do not have to take an expensive supplement but just make sure that the one you take will be low in potassium, which is a mineral that is friendlier to the Y chromosome boy sperm because if it is not low in potassium you could end up with a boy instead of a girl.
- Saw palmetto—this is one of the best supplements a woman can take to increase their chances of conceiving a baby girl. It works naturally by altering the hormonal balance inside a woman’s organism. It will also lower the testosterone levels and raises the levels of progesterone. This will increase the odds of you having a girl by your body being friendly to the X chromosome girl sperm and reducing the amount of Y chromosome boy sperm.
- Magnesium—you can get this naturally from foods like dairy products, beans, brown rice, spinach, and nuts. You can also take a magnesium supplement.
- Cranberries—drinking cranberry juice or taking cranberry supplements can help to drop your pH levels to make your vaginal environment more acidic and friendlier to the X chromosome girl sperm.
- Peppermint tea—you and your partner should both drink this tea daily so it will help to reduce the number of Y chromosome boy sperm that could fertilize the egg. When drinking two cups of this teas each day it will influence your hormonal levels so that it favors the survival of the X chromosome girl sperm so you will conceive a baby girl.
The other two answers you need to a “yes” to this question “can you choose to have a boy or girl?”
- Sexual positions to conceive a girl—the sexual positions you should use should allow for a shallow penetration such as the missionary position. They X chromosome girl sperm are hardier but slower so they are able to take their time reaching the egg to fertilize it.
- Sexual positions to conceive a boy—the sexual positions you should use should allow for a deeper penetration such as the rear entry position. The Y chromosome boy sperm are weaker but faster. Deeper penetration will allow the Y chromosome boy sperm to have a shorter distance to travel to reach the egg to fertilize it.
- Ovulation and conceiving a girl—because the girl sperm is stronger it is okay for you to have sexual intercourse a couple of days before you ovulate, or release the egg for fertilization.
- Ovulation and conceiving a boy—to conceive a boy you need to have sexual intercourse on the day you ovulate because these sperm are weaker and can die off very easily.
To help conceive a girl you need to make sure that your vaginal environment is acidic and to help conceive a boy you need to make sure that your vaginal environment is alkaline.
After reading all this information hopefully you have the answer to the question “can you choose to have a boy or girl?” which should be yes. It can take a few months before you start to put into practice what you need to do to have a boy or a girl. The reason that it can take so long is that you will need to track your ovulation cycle for at least three months so you will know when you are going to release the egg to be fertilized. While you are charting your ovulation cycle you can start to eat the foods and take the vitamins, minerals, herbs, and supplements that will help you have either a boy or girl.